Senior UX Designer (Hybrid UI UX)
We’re Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods and some amazingly talented people.
We’re the kind of people who don’t settle for the ordinary. We’ve achieved incredible things over the last 90 years, evolving how our 4 million customers shop and pay for the big brands they love on our websites Very.co.uk and Littlewoods, and we we’re not slowing down…
We’re obsessed with providing seamless shopping experiences and innovative ways to spread the cost with credit, it’s what makes us the UK’s biggest fin-tech retailer, and a very unique place to work.
Design at Shop Direct
With a big ambition and millions of our loyal customers using the experiences we create every day, design plays a huge part in what we do at Shop Direct, (and rightly so!). We’re looking for a Senior UXD designer who’s passionate about pushing the boundaries, creating great experiences based on deep customer insight and disrupting the way we do things today.
You’ll be joining a collaborative team of designers and researchers from a range of different backgrounds who use their deep understanding of our customers to create elegant and intuitive user interfaces that seamlessly combine the two things our customers value the most (the brands they love with flexible ways to pay). You can say hello and meet the team here: https://twitter.com/ShopDirectUX
As a designer at Shop Direct you’ll:
- Create simple, intuitive, consistent and distinctive experiences for our customers across all brands and devices
- Work with product managers, engineers, and researchers to drive our products through from discovery to delivery (ideation to validation)
- Have a strong collaboraton with UX Researchers to both fuel and evaluate your designs, playing back your findings to stakeholders and team members as you go
- Ground everything you do in a deep understanding of user needs, motivations, behaviours and performance measures
- Turn data insights into tangible design concepts using frontend knowledge
- Stay connected to new technologies, design trends and emerging UI patterns and drive transformation in both the retail and financial services space
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of design experience designing cross-platform, mobile and web, B2C and B2B, productivity and collaboration applications with millions of users
- You have a BA/BS degree in Design, Organizational Design, or related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- You have demonstrable experience with data platforms, end-to-end product design, including data visualising, planning workshops, prototyping, testing, and working intimately with developers & QA to bring products to life
- You have expert knowledge of UX and UI design and the principles when designing for multi-devices (using Sketch/Adobe XD, InVision, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite or similar)
- You excel in communication and storytelling, allowing you to strongly articulate opportunities and solutions. When you present your designs people are inspired and want to take action
- You have a passion for solving real customer problems and an obsession to delight users through the experiences you create
What’s good about Life at Shop Direct?
- Our onsite UX Lab and Customer Closeness Centre (we physically and mentally put the customer at the heart of our HQ!)
- A customisable benefit package (inc life assurance, private medical and childcare vouchers)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays and the
- Onsite gym (inc changing facility) with over 25 classes available each week
- A strong health and wellbeing agenda (we know you work best when you’re feeling your best!)
- A private Pension matched
- Annual Bonus Potential * Performance & Business Related
- Multiple on-site discounted restaurants and coffee houses
- A cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible Working Options