Data Democratisation Senior Analyst
We’re the UK’s second largest pureplay online retailer and we exist for one simple reason; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It’s our purpose, why we get out of bed in the morning.
It means offering the best range of famous brands, a seamless online shopping journey and unique ways to spread the cost that our customers love.
We’ve been doing it for more than 80 years and our digital department stores have become household names, from the much-loved Littlewoods.com to Very.co.uk, which is now our biggest and fastest growing brand with sales of more than £1bn.
Today, we turnover more than £1.9bn, our websites get over 1.2m visits every day and 62% of our online sales are from mobile devices. We sell over 1,300 famous brands and deliver 49 million products to over four million customers each year.
We’ve got a clear goal. It’s to become a world class digital retailer. We’re already well on the way and, by staying true to our purpose, we believe we’ll achieve our ambition.
About the role
You’ll be at the heart of our goal to democratise data and reporting within Shop Direct. This role supports the business by providing readily accessible, accurate and relevant information upon which decisions can be taken with confidence. Its aim is to source all pertinent datasets and enrich the data so that reporting outputs can be produced in accordance to the diverse needs of the business.
As part of this role you will:
- Work collaboratively across the Data Intelligence department to deliver data projects whilst taking a proactive approach to predicting the needs of the business.
- Understanding the systems and data used across the business including its processes to enable data enrichment and quality.
- Understand the business requirements for reporting and translate these into tangible self-serve reports and dashboards Work with team members to enhance and develop best practice within the team.
Data is at the heart of our growth and as a business we use data to make sure the right decisions are made. We’re looking for top class talent to join our fast paced Data Intelligence team. We want someone who shares this passion and who knows how powerful data can be in enabling people to make game changing choices. We need some who understands the capabilities of a data set and what it can unlock in the hands of colleagues across the business.
You must be highly motivated, confident and have strong attention to detail with an ability to work well with different areas of the business.
It’s a fast paced environment and you’d be joining a team that is highly motivated and looks to constantly push each other to improve how we do things and how we access and use data. It really is a great team and a great place to work that is constantly looking to find new and innovate ways of achieving our goals.
Technically you will have a background in building data visualisations on large complex datasets and have experience in one or all of the below:
- Power BI (used in an enterprise capacity - ideally with premium subscription and connecting to a DWH using an enterprise PBI gateway)
- SQL / TSQL (Teradata / SQL Server
- Excel / VBA
- Oracle (OBIEE)
- Experience of working with large volume datasets typically 1 million + rows
We are looking for an Analytical mindset, but clear that this is a data and reporting development role, and this must be where your passion is.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced DD analyst who is looking for their next career move. If you are interested to find out more please contact the Talent Acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at Shop Direct is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell an additional 5 days
- Matching Pension up to 6%
- Brand Discount up to 25%
- Speke - onsite gym, Costa Coffee, on site cafeteria