Pricing Manager - 12m FTC
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
We are looking for a Pricing Manager for a 12 month fixed term contract, to join our Home Category. You’ll embeda sustainable, profitable pricing competency and provide insight, conclusions and recommendations to support / inform strategic and tactical decisions
As the Pricing Manager you’ll liaise withsenior stakeholders (Heads of Category, Commercial Managers, Category Managers) across Retail to support / inform strategic and tactical decision making with regards to price. Challenging and advising business units to ensure their decisions are fully informed and in the best interest of customers and / or the business - owning the relationship with the wider Home category.
About the role.
In addition, you will:
- Keep up to date with competitor pricing policies and industry practice
- Complete projects on time and within budget, and will drive measurable impact on financial/customer/colleague performance
- Cover all elements of the pricing decision making process e.g. competition, trading, process
- Influence your category to take action based on tactical and strategic insight
- Develop effective consulting relationships with stakeholders across Retail
- Interpret project requirements to provide the best insight solution, in line with project brief
- Project manage multiple projects simultaneously to timescale and budget - challenging current thinking and developing actionable recommendations
- A current view of the market/pricing strategy and champions / shares with the business where appropriate
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Relevant commercial and sector experience, with the ability to translate that understanding into practical application
- Extensive project management experience
- Previous Strategy role within a retail environment
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders with excellent communication skills
- Analytical and considered in nature
- Ability to understanding and interpret multiple data sources to drive actionable recommendations (inc. customer, sale, research, journey, market and competitor data)
- Confident across a range of software to conduct and present recommendations e.g. Excel and PowerPoint (or equivalents)
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- £1,000.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status