Senior UX Design Manager
UX Design Manager
We’re Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods and some amazingly talented people.
We’re the kind of people who don’t settle for the ordinary. We’ve achieved incredible things over the last 90 years, evolving how our 4 million customers shop and pay for the big brands they love on our websites Very.co.uk and Littlewoods, and we we’re not slowing down…
We’re obsessed with providing seamless shopping experiences and innovative ways to spread the cost with credit, it’s what makes us the UK’s biggest fin-tech retailer, and a very unique place to work.
Our newly formed cross-functional product teams are built around our core customer journeys, but all have the same common goal – to create a winning experience for our customers. That requires a range of different skills and a whole lot of world class talent!
With a big ambition and millions of our loyal customers using the experiences we create every day, design plays a huge part in what we do at Shop Direct, (and rightly so!). We’re looking for a UX design manager to join us in our brand new tech hub in the heart of London Victoria or in our Head Office in Liverpool (if London based, weekly travel of at least 3 days per week to head office will be required). We are looking for someone who’s passionate about pushing the boundaries, who oozes innovation and can provide real thought leadership to our team. You will drive change in the UX design team constantly creating great experiences based on deep customer insight and disrupting the way we do things today.
You’ll be leading a team of collaborate and talented designers from a range of different backgrounds who use their deep understanding of our customers to create elegant and intuitive user interfaces that seamlessly combine the two things our customers value the most (the brands they love with flexible ways to pay). You can say hello and meet the team here: https://twitter.com/ShopDirectUX
As a UX Design Manager at Shop Direct you’ll”:
- Define the vision and roadmap for UX design across our all of our brands, on all devices and channels
- Drive thought leadership in UX across the entire organization, building a strong profile for the discipline
and step change the capability in the business
- Develop the right ways of working, including processes, structure and tools, that support the delivery of our vision Prioritise workflow ensuring the accountabilities of the team are being met
- Develop and foster strong relationships with the other core disciplines within the cross-functional
product teams and the business
- Collaborate strongly with the UX Research Lead on defining and optimizing the Research, Analytics and Design (RAD) process to deliver the best outcomes for our customers and the business
- Create simple, intuitive and distinctive experiences for our customers across all brands and devices.
- Provide solutions to complex interaction problems that exist when you combine retail and financial services
propositions, approaching them with a user centric design mindset
- Stay connected to new technologies, design trends and emerging UI patterns and drive transformation
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Have experience leading design teams at consumer-focused companies and building your own team
- You are passionate about design and visionary in how the future customer experience could look like
- You are a fantastic communicator and leader. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business stakeholder inspiring at all levels.
- Be the customer champion and obsess about making the experience awesome even if that means challenging our policies, processes and governance; whilst remaining commercially aware
- Experience in designing for multiple platforms and devices, and designing for responsive and adaptive design method including motion and interactive design
- Our onsite UX Lab and Customer Closeness Centre (we physically and mentally put the customer at the heart of our HQ!)
- A customisable benefit package (inc life assurance, private medical and childcare vouchers)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Onsite gym (inc changing facility) with over 25 classes available each week
- A strong health and wellbeing agenda (we know you work best when you’re feeling your best!)
- A private Pension matched
- Annual Bonus Potential * Performance & Business Related
- Multiple on-site discounted restaurants and coffee houses
- A cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible Working Options