Inventory Team Manager
Shop Direct (the home of Very.co.uk & Littlewoods) have a great opportunity for an experienced Inventory Team Manager to support us at our new automated and purpose-built fulfilment centre at East Midlands Gateway in Derby.
The roleThe Inventory Team Manager will take full responsibility for the day to day running of the inventory warehouse shift. The role holder will lead, motivate and develop the inventory team to achieve challenging efficiency targets. The purpose of the role is to maintain an accurate and quality inventory to support our customer’s stock availability through an engaged team that support the site’s vision.
- Deputise for the Inventory Manager during periods of absence
- Ensure daily / weekly / period KPIs are achieved.
- Monitor productivity throughout the site and maintain company standards.
- Ensure resource planning is effectively carried out to optimise resource and efficiencies
- Review productivity & KPI`s and appropriate action taken
- Ensure service to our customer exceed their expectations
- Compliance with legislation, company policies & procedures
- Clear communication during periods of system & automation downtime
- Planning for Peak Operations and promotional activity in line with KPI`s
- Successful introduction of new procedures & annual review of current procedures
- Customer Relations, building effective relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Create and maintain a positive team culture, by actively encouraging involvement from all to improve Employee Engagement.
- Work with appropriate parties to provide solutions to team issues taking account of the appropriate policies and ethical practice.
- Oversee delivery of projects by MI Analysts – provide support and guidance to analysts to ensure delivery of efficient and relevant new reporting
Essential knowledge, skills, role specific qualifications:
- Experience of leading a team within a fulfilment or manufacturing environment to achieve departmental and site KPIs
- Experience of developing, coaching and engaging a team
- Strong technical and analytical skills, especially in Excel and Access.
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational activity within an automated fulfilment centre
- Understanding of the end to end process within an automated fulfilment centre.
- Ability to deputise for the Inventory Manager if required
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & techniques
- Understands commercial impacts of decisions made
- Resilient, with the ability to deal with challenges arising through the start-up of the site
- Cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Inventory Team Manager looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful applicant.