We’re the UK’s second largest pureplay online retailer and we exist for one simple reason; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It’s our purpose, why we get out of bed in the morning.
It means offering the best range of famous brands, a seamless online shopping journey and unique ways to spread the cost that our customers love.
We’ve been doing it for more than 80 years and our digital department stores have become household names, from the much-loved Littlewoods.com to Very.co.uk, which is now our biggest and fastest growing brand with sales of more than £1bn.
Today, we turnover more than £1.9bn, our websites get over 1.2m visits every day and 62% of our online sales are from mobile devices. We sell over 1,300 famous brands and deliver 49 million products to over four million customers each year.
We’ve got a clear goal. It’s to become a world class digital retailer. We’re already well on the way and, by staying true to our purpose, we believe we’ll achieve our ambition.
About the role
As a Lead Analyst in the team, you’ll be at the heart of our goal to expand the impact of data and insight
within Shop Direct.
As part of this role you will:
- Collaborate with product and commercial teams to identify important questions and determine how to help answer them with data.
- Gather, manipulate and analyse large data sets from multiple sources.
- Develop advanced analytical solutions to help solve business problems.
- Critically, your role will be to go beyond providing answers with analysis, but to begin to influence stakeholders in the business on not only what questions they should be answering but how best to use the insight you generate to use action.
- You’ll be a partner in thinking through problems with the business rather than purely a data and analysis provider
Analysts in the team help us to solve a number of problems.
Below are some of the examples of the kind of problems you could be working on:
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to help identify and deliver ways to improve our product page and checkout experience for customers.
- Using analysis to identify the most likely areas of value, and to track the results of changes we make
- Working with Operations teams to help us determine ways to improve our order experience for customers, and how to implement them.
- Obtaining insight from NPS scores and customer feedback, to aggregate and give visibility to problems customers have, and ultimately drive changes to improve on this.
- Reviewing our web analytics data to detect changes to conversion on our applications and ideas on how to influence them Help identify and model customer value, and how we should segment our customer base as a whole.
Along with a logical mindset and common sense approach, it’s really important you have strong SQL or SAS experience as a baseline technical skillset and we can build on that by teaching you our toolkits and the unique pieces of kit we use across these teams.
- You’ll have had experience of breaking down problems from a bigger picture into smaller more defined elements and you’ll be confident presenting this to colleagues at all levels.
- You’ll be comfortable working in a pacey and sometimes ambiguous environment, things change all the time here (being a 24/7 retailer you’re kept on your toes), but you’ll enjoy the surprises and
challenges that comes with that!
- Your own career development will also be important
to you as it’s hugely important to us.
You’ll be surrounded by a strong team all working collaboratively to fulfill the ambitions of the business. We really do live and breathe our values, encouraging open and honest communication and you’ll welcome continual feedback.
We are looking for someone who ideally:
- Is intellectually curious, and has a strong desire to learn and discover.
- Has a highly analytical thinking style.
- Has a high level of proficiency in at least one scientific programming language, and is open to learning others.
- Is practical, and has the judgement to determine when to pursue further analysis versus when to make use of results.
Meet the team!
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to develop their data analytics skills in their next career move. If you are interested to find out more please contact [email protected] at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at Shop Direct is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check